This year we spent Christmas in Seattle. Brodie and I were in Seattle for about a month, and Troy was there for about two weeks. I know it was quite the long trip, but we had a really great time visiting with everyone and celebrating the holidays. My Dad was so great this year to make a calandar of fun events. We had our first anual polar bear swim. Luckily it was just the guys that did it, and my awesome neice Abby who took the spot of her dad who was sick. The swim took place Christmas Eve morning and was so fun to watch and hopefully it was just the first of a continual anual tradition. We also had fun shopping for the holidays, bowling, going to the movies, playing games, going to the children's museum and much more. Of course as luck would have it my camera battery died Christmas eve so I need to get pictures from siblings of Christmas day.
While we were in Seattle Brodie figured out how to crawl out of his pack-and-play. It made for long nights and naptimes of lying in bed with Brodie until he fell asleep. Luckily when we got back we lowered his crib mattress to the floor and he stayed in his crib. I was not quite ready to teach 19month old how to sleep in a regular bed, so I was thankful for that.
It was a lot of fun to watch Brodie this year at Christmas. Santa got him a little tricylcle that you can push along. Christmas morning it was set out and he went straight to it and sat on it and just kept ringing the little bell. He also figured out how to open the presents and would get excited with each thing that he opened. Holidays are so with family, and we had such a great time with everyone.
The Children's museum in Seattle.
Studly crew at Farnsworth Family Polar Bear swim.
The shock of the freezing cold water and trying to get back the dock ASAP. I wish I would have gotten some of their faces. They were priceless as they came up out of the water.

2 comments:
That is so funny about the polar bear swim! I can just hear all of you girls laughing when they came up out of the water! It makes me laugh! I probably just missed seeing you. The girls and I went to visit the 2nd week in Jan. Maybe SOMEDAY we'll get to see eachother again!
Yikes! I hate cold water! What good sports!
Post a Comment