Friday, April 1, 2011

Cuncun

Happy April Fools! To say that I need to catch up on my blogging is an understatement. Because I am incredibly overwhelmed at how far behind I am, I am just going to start with Cancun back in September and work from there. I am not worried about how long it will take me, I just want to get these memories and pictures on my blog before I get further behind.

Troy and I got to go to Cancun for a whole week by ourselves back in September of 2010. My wonderful inlaws took Brodie for the week and Troy and I left for total relaxation. I feel dumb for saying this, but I did not realize all of the crazy things that were going on in Mexico until after we had booked our trip. After doing our research and looking on Government websites we felt it would be ok to still go to Cancun but just take some safety precuations. Unfortunately with all of the resort kidnappings that have happened since then I don't think we will be returning any time soon.

I was an emotional wreck leaving Brodie, but once we were on the plane and I had a book, magazines, and my ipod, things started looking up. Troy and I had a great time, and actually did not do a whole lot besides RELAX. Seriously, we both read two books by the pool and ocean, worked out everyday for as long as we wanted, enjoyed some nice dinners talking about anything and everything, swimming, and one day, just one day, we went on a snorkling tour which was AWESOME!

When I was looking at the brochure for snorkling and noticing some of the animals we might see, I noticed a barcuda on the pamphlet. I immediately told Troy "Oh I really hope that we do not see one of these". As luck would have it, as soon we jumped into the water, the guide pointed underneath the boat to this 4-5ft. baracuda eerily looking back at us. Luckily we did not get eaten and actually had an incredible tour. It was so nice to get away, but we were ready to get home to the Broders by the end of the week.

Here are the few pictures that I took:

On the snorkling boat

View from the resort.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

So nice to see an update! Now I know you are still alive! Miss you, I think about you all the time, ya know:)

blcooper said...

How fun! I want to plan a trip to come see you guys and have you meet Austin!