Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Sassy and Sweet


This little munchkin is turning two next week. Holy cow where did the time go? Brodie is at such a fun age right now, and while we have our trying times with patience sometimes there are some things that I want to remember about Brodie at this age as he is quite the sassy and sweet little man.

Sassy: When Brodie gets mad or we take something aways from him that he wants he says
-"Top it now"- stop it right now
or
-"No I not"- When we tell him the he can't play with something
*It really makes you think as a parent what you say to your kids and how they are perceiving it.
-When Brodie makes a mess or does something he knows not to do, Troy will sometimes say to him "Son, why did you do that?
-As a result Brodie will randomly at any given time say to Troy "Son, why you do dat?" It is actually quite funny.

Sweet: Brodie really likes to sing songs, and is actually pretty good at it. Some of Brodie's favorite songs to
sing are: "Twinkle Star", "I am a Child of God", "Wheels on the Bus", "I love to see the Temple", "Old McDonald had a farm", "Once there was a snowman", and "Take me out to the Ballgame" (Troy just recently taught him this one as it is that time of year!
-When we say prayers at nighttime Brodie is sure to Bless everyone he can think of.
-Brodie gives really good hugs and kisses
-He is really good at helping you stand up when he wants you to go somewhere (He pulls on your hand and makes this grunting noise like he is trying really hard)
-When Troy is wrestling with Brodie and puts him in the craddle, instead of freaking out and screaming he says "I stuck" (with a lisp)

All in all we really have such a fun time with Brodie and think is pretty cute stuff.

1 comments:

Jon and Stacey said...

I have thoroughly enjoyed your new posts! keep up the good work teri, keep them coming!! Love you...can't wait to see you soon.